Create Each Week: 29

I made a basic java program that, when given the lyrics of a song, can detect stress patterns of the syllables in a lyric, as well as the rhyme scheme of sections of a song. Some of it seems a little inaccurate, so I’ll have to pin those down, but not too bad for about 10-12 hours of work. I envision a set of tools like this to help with the music-making process. Lyrics seemed like a good place to start since I’m better at writing English than music.

I also finished the first draft of the pilot for Doors! Five musical numbers, twenty-six pages, and hopefully lots of laughs.